Find a roofer in Glendale, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Glendale, CaliforniaRoofing // California // Glendale
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the standard cost charged by roofing professionals for a roof replacement project?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected price for roof repair services?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the customary price per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Glendale, California. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Glendale, California
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Glendale, California. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.