Find a roofer in Waddell, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Waddell, AZ. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Waddell, ArizonaHome // Arizona // Waddell
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Waddell, AZ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Waddell, AZ. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.