Find a roofer in Vail, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Arizona // Vail
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the standard price charged by roofers for a replacement project?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What should I budget to fix my roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What do most roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the usual period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Vail, Arizona
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Vail, Arizona. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.