Find a roofer in Sun City, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe to get a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional can approximate the hours for the project.
What is the proper time to request an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a roof replacement job?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Sun City, Arizona
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Sun City, Arizona. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.