Find a roofer in Sun City West, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Sun City West, ArizonaHome // Arizona // Sun City West
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Sun City West, AZ
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Sun City West, AZ. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.