Find a roofer in Scottsdale, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Scottsdale, ArizonaRoofing // Arizona // Scottsdale
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate the hours for the job.
When is the best time to set up a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofers generally charge for labor for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the approximate cost for fixing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Scottsdale, AZ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Scottsdale, AZ. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.