Find a roofer in Payson, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Payson, Arizona
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Payson, Arizona, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.