Find a roofer in Paulden, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Paulden, Arizona
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Paulden, Arizona. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.