Find a roofer in Morristown, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Morristown, AZ
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Morristown, AZ. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.