Find a roofer in Mayer, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is good for a roofing project?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical price roofing specialists charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the job.
What is the correct occasion to book an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Mayer, Arizona
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mayer, Arizona. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.