Find a roofer in Humboldt, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Humboldt, AZ
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Humboldt, AZ, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.