Find a roofer in Hayden, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Hayden, Arizona. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Hayden, Arizona
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Hayden, Arizona. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.