Find a roofer in Grand Canyon, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Grand Canyon, AZ. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Grand Canyon, ArizonaHome // Arizona // Grand Canyon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Grand Canyon, AZ
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Grand Canyon, AZ, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.