Find a roofer in Goodyear, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Goodyear, AZ. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Goodyear, ArizonaHome // Arizona // Goodyear
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Goodyear, AZ
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Goodyear, AZ, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.