Find a roofer in Gilbert, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Gilbert, ArizonaHome // Arizona // Gilbert
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Gilbert, Arizona
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Gilbert, Arizona. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.