Find a roofer in Fort Thomas, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Fort Thomas, Arizona. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Fort Thomas, Arizona
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Fort Thomas, Arizona. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.