Find a roofer in Forest Lakes, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Forest Lakes, AZ
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Forest Lakes, AZ. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.