Find a roofer in Flagstaff, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Flagstaff, AZ
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Flagstaff, AZ. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Flagstaff, AZ. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.