Find a roofer in Elgin, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time needed for building a replacement roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Elgin, Arizona. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
When is the best time to set up a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the normal price charged by roofing experts for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the price range for repairing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Elgin, Arizona
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Elgin, Arizona, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.