Find a roofer in Elgin, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When during the year is good for roofing services?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roof repair services?
Services for your roof can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to get a roof inspection?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Elgin, AZ
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Elgin, AZ. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.