Find a roofer in El Mirage, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in El Mirage, AZ
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in El Mirage, AZ, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.