Find a roofer in Dewey, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Dewey, AZ
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Dewey, AZ. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.