Find a roofer in Clay Springs, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Clay Springs, AZ. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Clay Springs, AZ
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Clay Springs, AZ, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts featured on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.