Find a roofer in Black Canyon City, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Black Canyon City, AZ. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Black Canyon City, ArizonaHome // Arizona // Black Canyon City
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Black Canyon City, AZ
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Black Canyon City, AZ. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.