Find a roofer in Bisbee, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Bisbee, Arizona. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Bisbee, Arizona
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Bisbee, Arizona. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.