Find a roofer in Ash Fork, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Ash Fork, AZ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Ash Fork, AZ. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.