Find a roofer in Wilsonville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Wilsonville, Alabama. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
What is the proper occasion to request an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers suggest biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the normal cost of roof replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
How much should I budget to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Wilsonville, Alabama
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Wilsonville, Alabama. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.