Find a roofer in Wetumpka, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much should I estimate for rooftop maintenance?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the average price roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it take to build a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Wetumpka, Alabama. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Wetumpka, Alabama
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Wetumpka, Alabama. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.