Find a roofer in Westover, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I plan to have roofing contractors come out?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
How much is the rate for most roofing professionals per square foot?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Westover, Alabama
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Westover, Alabama. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.