Find a roofer in Westover, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How do roofers typically price labor for a replacement?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What costs are related to repairing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the rate for most roofing professionals per square foot?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Westover, AL. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Westover, AL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Westover, AL. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.