Find a roofer in West Blocton, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near West Blocton, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in West Blocton, AL. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in West Blocton, AL. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.