Find a roofer in Valley, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time required for building a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
When should my roof be inspected?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the approximate cost for repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Valley, Alabama
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Valley, Alabama, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Valley, Alabama. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.