Find a roofer in Uniontown, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical duration to rebuild a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
When is the best time to arrange for my roof evaluated?
Most roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
At what cost does a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What costs are associated with fixing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Uniontown, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Uniontown, AL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Uniontown, AL. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.