Find a roofer in Uniontown, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Uniontown, AlabamaHome // Alabama // Uniontown
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Uniontown, Alabama
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Uniontown, Alabama, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.