Find a roofer in Union Springs, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Union Springs, Alabama. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Union Springs, Alabama
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Union Springs, Alabama. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.