Find a roofer in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Tuscaloosa, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Tuscaloosa, AL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.