Find a roofer in Troy, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the perfect season to get your roof serviced?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the usual rate roofing experts charge per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Troy, Alabama. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
Most roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Troy, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Troy, Alabama. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.