Find a roofer in Titus, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Titus, Alabama
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Titus, Alabama, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.