Find a roofer in Thorsby, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Thorsby, Alabama
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Thorsby, Alabama, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Thorsby, Alabama. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.