Find a roofer in Stockton, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the usual price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much is a contractor's rate to fix the roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Which is the perfect time for roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Stockton, Alabama
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Stockton, Alabama. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.