Find a roofer in Sterrett, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Sterrett, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Sterrett, Alabama. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Sterrett, Alabama. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.