Find a roofer in Steele, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Steele, Alabama
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Steele, Alabama. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Steele, Alabama. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.