Find a roofer in Stapleton, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the best time to get your roof serviced?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the usual cost per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the typical period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Stapleton, AL. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
At which point should I think about getting a roof inspection done?
Many roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Stapleton, AL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Stapleton, AL. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.