Find a roofer in Somerville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual period of time for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
When is inspecting my roof necessary?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the standard cost charged by roofing experts for a roof replacement project?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a contractor's rate to maintain the roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Somerville, Alabama
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Somerville, Alabama, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.