Find a roofer in Somerville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good time for scheduling a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofers generally price their services for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What are the typical costs related to fixing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Which is the best time to get your roof serviced?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Somerville, AL
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Somerville, AL, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.