Find a roofer in Silas, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the perfect season for a roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a roofer.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Services for your roof can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Silas, AL
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Silas, AL, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.