Find a roofer in Shorterville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
At what moment should I consider getting an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the standard cost charged by roofers for a roof replacement project?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I estimate for roof maintenance?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Shorterville, Alabama
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Shorterville, Alabama. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Shorterville, Alabama. Find the right contractor for your home today.