Find a roofer in Shelby, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which time of the year should I schedule services with a roofing expert?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This means that winter could be a better time to call a roofer.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the common cost per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
What is a good time for booking a roofing appointment?
Most roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Shelby, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Shelby, Alabama. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.