Find a roofer in Sheffield, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Sheffield, Alabama
If you need roofing maintenance services in Sheffield, Alabama, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.