Find a roofer in Semmes, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget for roof repair expenses?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the typical price per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the normal period of time for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Semmes, AL. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Semmes, AL
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Semmes, AL. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.